Saturday, August 18, 2012

Enjoy The Process

Good Morning Friends,

I like poetry, and if any of you are familiar with Helen Steiner Rice, you would know that she loved to write poetry and she also made living out of it.

I thought this would be a good one for the sign of the times.  This was written in the 1920's (for an electric company), most people have cell phones now.  Whatever it is you are doing Enjoy the process-- I consider ART a process, but writing is also a form of art so, I say "enjoy the process" whatever it may be for you, at any given time in your life.




The Realtor's lament

The lot was grand; the house was ifne
But there was no electric line!
The yard was big and green the grass,
But, oh alas! there was no gas.
The price was right, a splendid home,
And yet there was no telephone.
It looked supreme when viewed afar,
But who could live with no streetcar!
A house, a lot, a gorgeous place,
But who would sell it in that case,
For who would buy a modern home,
 Without electricity, gas, or phone?

Helen Steiner Rice

My card:
A2
 PTI Pure black and vintage cream
Copic markers
Autumn leaves stamps, versamark ink
Challenges:
CTV: marigold royal blue, gray and purple.
LSP: stitching


When you are looking for a house what is it you are looking for?

See you tomorrow for my friend Karen's birthday party hop.

Have a blessed day, Diana

11 comments:

  1. Love your card Diana,great stitching. Neat poem too.
    Thanks for sharing at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Love your coloring! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, Diana!

    I've read some of Helen Steiner Rice's poesm -- not this one! It like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana never really thought about it until I read your post but I think the cards that come out the best and the ones I like the most are those where I did enjoy the process. Your card is "splendid" thanks for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Card DIANA!!!Love the Stitching!!!I see a WINNER!!!LOL.....Its beautiful as always!!
    Sending my bloggie Love.
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Diana!! I love everything about it...especially the sentiment!! And what a great quote to live by as well :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card Diana, the poem was funny. I know in my next house I will be looking for bigger closets and more usable space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job with the challenge, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Diana! Thanks for joining in on this fun color challenge at CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! You did an amazing job with the color challenge, it was a tricky one! Thanks for playing with us at Cardz TV Color Me Happy challenge :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Thanks for joining in the fun.

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
    Cardztv Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...