Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy Saturday and my mini review from Scrapbook Expo

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #128 Sentiment with at least 5 words CHALLENGE
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY MARCH Linky  CHALLENGE



Hi Friends,

I went to the scrapbook expo yesterday and met up with my friends Katie and Donna.  It was a gorgeous day, the temperature  was in the mid 70's not too hot, not too cold, I call it a Goldilocks kind of day.   Katie and I took a Heartfelt creations workshop and just hung out together. I also took another workshop, there were about 40 people in it . I did not know any of them until I got in there. You meet the nicest people at a Scrap Expo


 I really can't take too much credit for the card, they told us what to do. Yes, I did make it and each person's card looks different, but basically it is a card kit. I love how it came out. I did learn from this, that is always a good thing. I bought the die so I will now make more of these pretty flowers.


 We shopped a lot.  I think Donna out did us on the shopping, but we held our own. If you spend a certain money, you get a button -- that is kind of sick huh?  Picture of my button is at the bottom.  Scrappin Grammie formerly owned by Irene has been sold to Julie. This was Julie's first time with her booth and how sweet of Irene to help her out. This is where I had purchased my prima doll stamps. The prices are good and Julie is going to do a great job with her Company.  Unfortunately her website is not up yet. Here is the link for when it is--- Scrapbook grammie

I tried to find some info on the cricut explore, but I did not see anyone with a booth or anyone who knew anything about it.

I had to make a trip to my car, because my bags were way too heavy to carry and then I ended up buying more -- Can you believe it? -- The deals were  just too good to pass up.  I kid you not!!!.  I found the "Echo Park" booth at the end - that did me in, You know how I love echo park, well they had it all and then some.

There were so many good deals at the expo. You will be benefiting through my challenges. Oh- yes I put the prize picture up for my March Linky party.


Scrapperzoutlet.com had a really good sale buy one die get the 2nd for 70 % off before 10:30am- I was on top of it.
We found some really good deals on paper packs from this and that.
Want 2 scrap had some great bargains on bling-- I bought rhinestones and pearls.
I also got the little trunk from Queen and CO it was a great deal, but did not have as much goodies in it as last year.


I ended up with 7 finished projects, 5 cards and 2 3-D projects, (but I will probably add a little more stuff to them and then post them later) over 25 packs of paper,  umteen dies and stamps and glue and runner tape.
I got some of the latest and greatest paper sets and embellishments that are not even in the shops yet from Basic Grey, My minds Eye lost and found and authentique and there are others in there also

Donna left early, Katie and I stuck it out for the long haul and then went and had dinner.

It was really a fun day

I think they should have given me 3 I shopped buttons and 4 I learned buttons.  That is OK I know I learned and my pocketbook knows I shopped.
challenges:


Thank you for stopping by to visit me, I love when you leave your sweet comments 

Have a blessed day, Diana

13 comments:

  1. Wow Diana! It sounds like you had an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card
    love the flower
    have a blessed Sunday
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time!!! LOVING your card ... those flowers are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a GREAT time!!!
    What a beautiful card!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the vintage look of the flower creation. I like Echo Park. I won some of their Bumblebee cardstock and then bought some more recently. LOL about the shopping & learning buttons. Went to a craft show end of Jan & shopped more at the Close to My Heart booth.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun time!! awesome!! Beautiful card.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scrap expo sounds like so much fun!! I would so love to attend one!! The card is absolutely gorgeous!! You did an amazing job my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello my friend! i'm back with internet! LOL yay!

    love the colors on this card and yay to having fun at the scrap expo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Diana, it sounds like you had a magical time! I've never been to such an event. I'm so happy you were there. I can't wait to see what you create with all of your goodies! This card is GORGEOUS! The background is so pretty and that flower die is fantastic. The sentiment is lovely. I hope you have a beautiful week, my beautiful friend. I have missed you. It feels like I will never catch up with everyone, but I am trying. Always know you are loved!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and love that flower!! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card love the flower thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create
    Racchel

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had so much fun. We sure did a lot of shopping. And dinner was great-Thank you.I can't wait to see your projects. I hope to start creating soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...